Our Selection Process for Fellows
- Check out our open Fellow opportunities. If there's one that sounds like an amazing growth opportunity for YOU, go ahead and fill out the short written application linked online. Don't see one you like, but want to start the process anyway? Reach out to us!
- Let's chat. We'll jump on the phone for a 20-30 minute call to get to know you and your dreams. We want to make sure this role gets you where you're going!
- Remote code challenge. You'll complete a code challenge in the language of the role you're applying for. We place a 2-hour maximum limit on this out of respect for your time.
- In-Person Pair Coding. Join us for an in-person (or in-Skype-Person) session where we add a feature or refactor a section of the code you wrote for your challenge.
- Meet your potential new team! Once you qualify as a Flock Fellow, we want to make sure you feel GREAT around the new company you will be joining. We'll connect you to them to interview at their office.
We believe in transparency. Here's what we're looking for:
In our phone conversations, we're keeping an ear out for a great communicator. Someone who can clearly articulate their past challenges and where they want to go. We value endless learning, integrity and openness and we want you to share those values.
Our remotely completed code challenges are graded with an objective rubric by a currently practicing engineer at Radial Development Group. We are looking for (in order of importance):
In our technical interviews, we want you to be able to think on your feet and take feedback well. Most importantly, we're hoping you can break big concepts into smaller components and explain what you're doing with ease.